Seeking U.S. investors: spring symposium 2013, DEMO DAY NYC
The event dedicated to the media and technology start-ups’ industry to support the entire "pitch-to-exit" business life cycle.
European financial crisis leaves secondary relevance to innovative and new ideas, usually casting promising entrepreneurs without capital to grow their businesses. This is why many European native start-ups increasingly look at U.S. as an attractive pole to obtain investments and new markets.
This scenario leaves room for Italian organizations to fill the gap between American investors and European's start-up turmoil.
On Thursday May 2nd, Italian Business & Investment Initiative, Intesa San Paolo Start-Up Initiative and Mind the Bridge are presenting the Spring Symposium 2013, DEMO DAY NYC, an event dedicated to the media and technology start-ups' industry to support the entire 'pitch-to-exit' business life cycle.
This spring's symposium will feature presentations from 8 prominent EU originated start-ups with founders from Italy, Israel, Greece and U.S. that will pitch their ideas in front of venture capitalist specialized in media and tech industries.
The selected start-ups having the opportunity to obtain funds are:
- Atooma: a mobile toolkit to create your own mini-apps without code skills.
- Map2app: a web based platform for creating mobile travel guides.
- Sencogi: an eye tracking software that works on smartphones and can control them through a sight.
- Weendy: the world's fastest-growing community-based weather network.
- Myze: an App that allows users to get deals from purchases.
- Hyperfair: a start-up with a platform for running online trade shows.
- Badseed: mobile games and Apps developer.
- Italianbox: a platform operator offering the best of Italy in a box.
During the previous editions in Silicon Valley and New York, a total amount of $5 million in investments has been raised, and two successful US exits obtained for the most promising start-ups. One of them is Glancee, a mobile app that helps you discover and connect with new interesting people around you, which was acquired by Facebook in May 2012.
Thanks to Spring Symposium 2013, DEMO DAY NYC, promising and willing entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to obtain funds and spread their business in U.S., the birthplace of revolutionary start-ups and successful businessmen.