Ask world over a question on “what people know about India?”
Topping the list would be the Taj Mahal, The Kama Sutra, Our Spices and probably a few might know our Tigers. Beyond this India is just the land of Slumdog Millionaire to the rest of the world. However, what lies beneath all these is the fascinating and best part of a country the world is yet to completely unravel.
1. India is the only geographical boundary in the entire world to house both Lion and Tiger in the wild.
2. India has three different kinds of leopards ranging from Snow, Clouded to the Indian Leopard.
3. Four different kinds of Sea Turtles – Olive Ridley, Green, Leatherback and Hawksbil
4. Single Horned Rhinos to Elephants India has them all.
5. Healthy population of deers and monkeys.
6. From marine dolphins to river dolphins they are swimming everywhere.
7. Bears to camels we have them too.
8. We of course are the land of Gharials and Snakes.
9. From Hornbills-peacocks to parakeets our birds dominate our skies.
10. Herbs in India are spread across making our animals strong and healthy.
India is truly Bio-Diversified, and life allover. With 17% of the world’s population in just the 7th largest country, animals-plants and people are battling it out to find their place and rights.
Desi Panorama will give a first of its kind report from India, about India and her environment. The stories of Wildlife, the threats and conservation from India that the world has not been told so far. Desi Panorama will be your guide to India’s magnificent wildlife and environment.